Organisation mission and history.
We are the peak national health body for the prevention, treatment, management and healing of wounds.
Each year, more than 450,000 Australians suffer a wound, and we strive to ensure they receive the best quality wound care possible. More than this, we aim to prevent chronic wounds from occurring, minimising unnecessary suffering and expense.
We strive to reduce the harm caused by wounds through advocacy, education, knowledge-sharing, awareness-raising and the establishment of best practice.
Wounds Australia's work is guided by five key principles:
- Our actions are informed by evidence
- We collaborate with patients, carers, families, health professionals, governments and industry
- We acknowledge the social determinants of health
- We are continuously improving
- We operate within our code of conduct and in an ethical manner.
We value our longstanding relationships with our industry partners, who have generously supported our events and national awareness-raising activities, co-sponsored research and shared their insights and expertise with Wounds Australia members.